IN ORDER TO RENT ANY PORTION OF THE TCC PROPERTY YOU WILL NEED TO BECOME A TCC MEMBER.
The TCC offers the following rental options:
The Topanga Community Center is a non-profit organization that works with the community to provide a meeting place for many organizations and functions. Since 1951 the House and grounds have continued to be a place for people to celebrate special events in their lives and the life of the community.
We are accustomed to hosting private parties, weddings, anniversaries, birthdays, workshops, fundraisers, seminars, film shoots and parking rentals. If your event is a bit different or requires some unusual activity or equipment, please inform the rental agent in advance.
We will need to know what kind of event you are hoping to host. Are you planning a small birthday party for fewer than 40 people or more? Please look at the different renting options (1. picnic area, 2. TCC main hall, 3. film rentals) below.
The Community House now offers Wireless Internet for meetings and conferences for our members convenience. Chairs and rectangular tables are available for use. There are approximately 200 chairs and 20 tables. Any rental equipment brought in from an outside source must be pre-approved. All rental equipment and decorations must be removed by the end of the rental period.
The kitchen is included in the rental and includes the use of the refrigerator and freezer. The oven generally entails additional fees due to our cost to maintain it. No cooking or serving utensils are available.
When catering is part of the event and when cooking is onsite, the catering company must provide the rental agent a certificate of insurance naming the TCC as additionally insured. Deliveries of food or equipment must be scheduled with the rental agent and within your rental period. It is the responsibility of tenant to comply with all applicable laws and local ordinances. Our rental agent is familiar with local caterers and other vendors and can provide you information whenever requested.
Picnic Area Rental Under the Oak Tree (for 40 people or less)
Ever since the completion of Topanga’s Only Playground, the Community Center is happy to reserve picnic table space under the oak tree for birthday parties and friend and family gatherings, providing close access to the playground for young children and the availability of the ball field for games for all ages, much like many of our County’s public parks.
Because we are a private facility, we survive through memberships and depend upon grants and donations to improve our facilities. Our hope is to be able to continue to improve the picnic area by providing more tables and amenities.
- For 40 people or less
- For TCC members only. Become a member here.
- Rentals are for 3 hours or less (for more time, please make a second reservation.)
- Rentals are available on Saturdays and Sundays from:
- 10:00 am – 1:00 pm
- 2:00 pm – 5:00 pm
- Cost is $150 for 3-hours
- In order to book the picnic are you need to agree to the Rules and Regulations during the reservation process. Please read them below.
- Reservations costs are considered donations, which are non-refundable. You may reschedule a reservation once within the calendar year.
- For more information see below or contact the rental agent.
- TO MAKE A PICNIC AREA RESERVATION CLICK HERE AND PICK A DATE TO REGISTER.
RULES AND REGULATIONS
- GENERAL USAGE
- Don’t use food trucks, catering or barbecues for this area and materials that litter such as water balloons, glitter, confetti, hay, etc. are forbidden. Additional fees apply if such materials are used.
- No dogs, glassware, paint guns, ground stakes or water slides.
- Do not staple, tack, nail, screw, velcro, scotch or duct tape to the stage, picnic tables or oak tree (only wire & string may be used). Your credit card is on file and will be charged for cleaning and damages.
- Be respectful of our oak trees and their surrounding roots. Do not park underneath them.
- There is no driving on the field. This includes the delivery of a bounce house. The driver may not drive onto the field. A fine of $100 applies.
- NOISE – No amplified music will be played outside the building at any time. If music or general noise of an event exceeds the norm, TCC reserves the right to request the appropriate reductions necessary; after such warning if sound levels continue to be excessive, TCC reserves the right to shutdown the event.
- EQUIPMENT – All outside play equipment that is brought in for this event must be covered by your personal insurance. The TCC has no liability for any injuries on equipment not owned or offered by the TCC. Equipment such as bouncy houses is only allowed on the non-grassy area of the ballfield. Delivery & pick up of bounce houses must be within 1 hour of your rental period. All other equipment / rentals must be pre-approved. No animals or petting zoo.
- PRIVACY – I understand that a reservation for a birthday party under the oak tree gives you access to the picnic tables and adjoining areas, but does not reserve the field for private use. I understand that the field remains open to the community when booking a birthday party. The TCC does not rent the field for private use during the week-end without a contract drawn up by our rental agent.
- CLEAN UP TIME – All personal belongings and equipment must be removed within 45 minutes of the termination of the rental period.
- CLEANING & TRASH – It is your responsibility to treat the picnic area with respect by removing your trash and recycling. Bag and tie all garbage. Your credit card is on file and will be charged for cleaning if needed at the TCC discretion. Bring cleaning supplies for picnic tables and a broom to sweep if necessary. All trash must be covered inside of trash cans; in short, the area should be left as clean as when your party arrived.
- DAMAGES – I agree to pay the bill for any damages, clean-up or extra fees incurred by the Topanga Community Center as a direct result of my event.
- CANCELLATIONS – Reservation costs are considered donations, which are non-refundable. You may reschedule a reservation once within the calendar year. Rain does NOT cancel your picnic area reservation.
Rentals of the TCC Main Hall
The Topanga Community Center is a venue like no other. Nestled in the Santa Monica Mountains halfway between the beach and the San Fernando Valley, it is the ideal secluded Topanga venue with mountain views.
Our exposed red brick building has a large stone fireplace, a stage, a green room and a beautiful kitchen. With its wooden beamed ceiling, wagon wheel chandelier, concrete floor and large windows overlooking the mountains, the TCC has been a favorite venue for couples interested in getting married.
We also have several lovely outdoor areas available for ceremonies that can be followed by an indoor reception.
We can accommodate all types of events, Bar Mitzvahs, birthdays, anniversaries, seminars, workshops, single day retreats, holiday parties, family reunions and all types of fundraisers.
Renting the Topanga Community Center involves communicating with the rental agent, Dayna Miller, about availability and rates. Once your event is approved a rental contract will be issued and a 50% deposit is required to reserve the date.
If you wish to visit the Community House, please contact the rental agent to schedule an appointment. Please do not visit without an appointment as the premises may be in use.