Minutes from the 9.27.18 Board Meeting

Meeting Information

7-8pm: Community Members are welcome to the first hour of the meeting.

Agenda Items

I . CALL TO ORDER

II. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM August 23rd, 2018 BOARD MEETING

III. GUESTS

Jessie Zaud (sex ed)
-Will be setting up a sex-ed course for 7th-9th graders to be held at TCC, Will be working with Dayna to secure times

IV. OFFICER REPORTS
President (Kelly Rockwell)
VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
VP Membership (David Stickel)
-484 members
Treasure (Franka Diehnelt)
-All accounts in good standing
-Checking at $68,768.68
-Savings at $105,422.24
-CHIC at $72,422.29
-Need to renew Wild Apricot
Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)

V. Open meeting Agenda Items

Children’s Garden
-Need to measure off garden and mark corners
Construction in-house
-Ask Steve Kessler about quote for wood claddding in house
Swap Meet
-Booths will be $25 for members and $40 for non-members through October, $50/60 after that
-Terri working on Bounce house and table rentals
-Need to secure parking staff
-Need Randy Just’s stage
-Will be looking to secure live music
Handicap Access
Street Sign and Front Gate – budget
-Need to resurface sign as well as make new hanging sign
Sports Court—Budget?
-Need to gather quotes
Topanga Days
-Need to create production manual
-Headliner list sent to Stevo, awaiting follow up info
-May need to secure new PR person
BBQ-Tabled
Lights on field
-Will rent lights for winter to see if this is something we would like to do permanently
Softball League/tournament
-Would like to create spring adult league
replacement table outside house

VI. CLOSED ITEMS (8 pm)

Fun Run
-Look for dates in the spring-weekend daytime preferred
Mimi’s contract/Topanga Days producer
-Kelly to discuss Topanga Days 2019 needs
Event producer and scheduling events
-Need proposal from vendors
Events, including Reggae on the Mountain in 2019
-Contract being worked out
-Need to finalize dates
Earth Day proposal
-Will pass on event this year due to similar event happening same day in Canyon
Resident caretaker agreement
-Working out contract
Maintenance Staff
-May need to look for new provider
Senior Classes
-Terri to speak to Sages to define usage terms

IX. ADJOURN-10:47pm Kelly Rockwell, Terri Moriarty Second

Members in attendance
Michael Augello, Elaine Hanson, Shannon Thomas, Jerry Simer, Dayna Miller, Jessie Zaud

Board in attendance
Nonie Shore, Rick Provisor, Franka Diehnelt, Kelly Rockwell, Andy Monn, David Stickel, Terri Moriarty

Scroll to Top