This is September general meeting of the Topanga Community Center for the 2019 term. All members and prospective members are welcome to attend. The meeting will be held at the Topanga Community Center, 1440 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd, Topanga, CA 90290, beginning at 7pm.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. READING OF TCC MISSION STATEMENT: The TCC is a community-oriented, non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to protect, maintain, upgrade and enhance the Community House and the grounds entrusted to its care. The TCC is dedicated to serving the Community of Topanga by providing access and support for philanthropic, educational, and community activities and services.
III. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM August 15th, 2019 GENERAL MEETING
Kathy Kahill and Zenna Evans
VI. OFFICER REPORTS
- Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
- main $123,054.47
- savings: $ 56,375.40
- Chic $43,490.90
- Karen Dannebaum is going to find out who owns the land below our property
- Get pressure washer quote
- Franka met with the internet people and she wants a system where we have control over our passcode. They’ll give us a new router – but need further discussion
VII. ONLY IMPORTANT MATTERS
- President (Kelly Rockwell)
- VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
- VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
- Need to have josh do the solar power and clean the windows.
- VP Membership (Lisa Brown)
- 548 active members
- Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
- Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)
- not here
VIII. UNFINISHED / ONGOING BUSINESS
- Onsite workshop pending THS – 9/17 (potentially going to postpone the training).
- Petals — Member
- Sport Court and side of stage hardscaping-
- Website – no update
- Bingo –Spoke with Eric Barns. Can use the money for prizes and so don’t have to get as many donations for prizes. Can’t use more 20% for overhead.
- Compost Workshop – 9/28. They are going to have the event on 9/28
- Topanga Days
- Topanga Days Creative Brief – Stevo is definitely in. The PR agents are going to be coming back.
- Discuss the various positions of Topanga Days.
XI. NEW BUSINESS
- Potential Chic meeting dates – 10/17 or 10/6. – No date was selected at this time. Sunday, October 6 – 1pm
- Proposal from Mary Crescenzo – She’d like to put on a play with adults regarding Alzheimer’s. We are going to charge her $25/hr and performance time considered for a Friday or Sunday.
X. GOOD OF THE ORDER this is a time for members not listed on the agenda to make comments or observations
XI. ADJOURN – 8:27 motion to adjourn. Second. All in favor.