Minutes from the 8.23.18 Board Meeting

7-8pm: Community Members are welcome to the first hour of the meeting.

I . CALL TO ORDER 7:10

II. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM June 21, 2018 BOARD MEETING

III.  GUESTS

  • Daniel Weißauer-Condon
    • discussed setting up a cross country series for adults and kids
  • Lisa Brown
    • Discussed Earth Day, will provide proposal to the board
  • Neil Shaw
    • CHP officer has changed, would like to welcome him to the canyon.
  • TYS grant approved new equipment needed

IV. OFFICER REPORTS (Please keep brief)

  • President (Kelly Rockwell)
    • Waiting on language for website from legal
  • VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
    • New caretaker house is in
    • Sheds have electrical
    • Will be pricing out propane vendors
  • VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
    • Square dance caller set for October
    • Topanga Days sponsor thank yous are out
    • Food Truck Friday – 8/24
    • Fiddle and Griddle 9/1-2
    • Bingo – 9/8
    • Food Truck Friday – 9/14
  • VP Membership (David Stickel)
    • 479 members
  • Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
    • All accounts in good standing
    • Checking $99,325.92 (sages classroom has been paid out of here and will be reimbursed)
    • Savings $105,419.55
    • CHIC $72,418.60
    • Topanga Days total $87,722.62
    • Reggae made roughly $20,000
    • 5 board members approved purchase of washer and dryer for caretaker unit
    • Sages classroom meeting every other Wednesday 9am to update on progress. Confirm dates with Franka
  • Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
    • nothing to present
  • Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)
    • not present

V. OPEN MEETING AGENDA ITEMS

  1. Fiddle and Griddle – Poster is done
  2. FTF 8/24 – Motion passed to not discuss making money off Food Truck Friday until after November
  3. Bingo Night 9/8 – Supplies have been purchased
  4. Soccer Season-9/9 (actually started later)
    • 90-120 minutes on Sundays. Half practice/half games
    • Will reach out to see what final cost per player is
  5. Garden – Terri to reach out to Carolyn Day to see if she wants to spearhead this
  6. Topanga Days
    • David Gorman working on new illustration for 2019. Will be more graphic oriented, no animal
    • Looking into to getting Alexia and Stevo for 2019.
  7. Handicap Parking for Events – Need to reserve spaces for members who need them near field.
  8. Sober Picnic – Less than 500 people, maybe annually, Mimi to look into date in September/October 2019
  9. Ralph’s Non-profit program – Franka to sign us up
  10. Toy Drive-Brian Hutchinson – Brian to provide flushed out plan
  11. TCC Maintenance
    • Need to change door code
    • Add wood cladding to doors
    • New lights in bathroom hallway needed

VI. CLOSED ITEMS

  1. Julie Levin – Political Meetings at TCC
  2. Emergency Preparedness – Sheil Kuehl’s office – Would like to host event May of 2019, $1000 plus expenses
  3. Website – Franka and David will meet and go over what to do with website

VII. ADJOURN – 9:48pm Franka, Terri second

Scroll to Top