Minutes from the 6.21.18 Board Meeting

7-8pm: Community Members are welcome to the first hour of the meeting.

I . CALL TO ORDER 7:12

II. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM May 24, 2018 BOARD MEETING

III.  GUESTS

  • Karen Cooke – TYS
    • Glee club has begun-looking into September show in front of the seniors
    • Light board needs servicing-Provide pictures to Dayna for Randall Ott. Tom needs to clarify what needs to be fixed
    • Neil looking into new sound board to be paid out of TYS grant

IV. OFFICER REPORTS (Please keep brief)

  • President (Kelly Rockwell)
    • Reggae contract signed
    • Senior classroom has reached funding goal
  • VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
    • Green shed is gone
    • Need to finish laying out children’s garden
    • Need to get Polaris fixed
  • VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
    • Square dance caller set for October
    • Topanga Days sponsor thank yous are out
    • Food Truck Friday July 20th
    • Perseid Meteor shower campout 8/11-12
    • Fiddle and Griddle 9/1-2
  • VP Membership (David Stickel)
    • 472 members
    • Will be sending emails out to lapsed members
  • Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
    • All accounts in good standing
    • Checking $274,374.31
    • Savings $105,414.26
    • CHIC $72,411.34
  • Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
    • not present
  • Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)
    • Looking into speakers on outdoor stage

V. OPEN MEETING AGENDA ITEMS

  1. House projects
    • Need to remove awning outside house
    • Would like to invest in fans and blackout curtains
  2. Tough Topanga 10k – Terri and David to attend
  3. New Bank – Still moving all accounts over
  4. Children’s Coop preschool – remaining funds to be transferred to childrens garden
  5. FTF – 7/20 is next event
  6. Soccer – Starts 8/25
  7. Handicap Parking for Events – Need to reserve spaces for members who need them near field.
  8. Bingo
    • Dayna to call to find out if Kelly needs to be present for Bingo
    • Need to order equipment
    • Leslie Colgin to design flyer
    • Nonie to handle prizes

VI. CLOSED ITEMS

  1. Hoola Hoop – Starting on Wednesdays at 9:30am
  2. Flowga – David to connect her with Dayna regarding dates and details
  3. Topanga Days
    • Want to kick off poster art as soon as possible
    • Still awaiting a few sponsor checks
    • 2 vendors want their money back
  4. Election committee – Need to assemble in August

VII. ADJOURN – 9:00pm Kelly, Andy second

Scroll to Top