This is May general meeting of the Topanga Community Center for the 2019 term. All members and prospective members are welcome to attend. The meeting will be held at the Topanga Community Center, 1440 N. Topanga Canyon Blvd, Topanga, CA 90290, beginning at 7pm.
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. READING OF TCC MISSION STATEMENT: The TCC is a community-oriented, non-profit, volunteer organization dedicated to protect, maintain, upgrade and enhance the Community House and the grounds entrusted to its care. The TCC is dedicated to serving the Community of Topanga by providing access and support for philanthropic, educational, and community activities and services.
III. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM April 11th, 2019 GENERAL MEETING
IV. GUESTS: Deylan Farilay-Social Media followers are up. Will respond to DMs-contact Terri/Nonie with questions
V. Karen Dananmbaum
-$41 from April Sages Dinner
-$85 from May Sages Dinner
-Need to be informed when room passes inspection
-June will be last dinner until October
VI. OFFICER REPORTS
Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
VII. ONLY IMPORTANT MATTERS
President (Kelly Rockwell)
-2 Questions we can ask when people bring dogs:
1. Is the animal required because you have a disability?
2. What work or task has the animal been trained to perform?
Add to rental contract-anyone bringing service animals need to have those animals under control at all times.
VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
-Paving turn around will be done May 21st, will be able to use on May 22nd
VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
-Bingo made roughly $300
VP Membership (Lisa Brown)
Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)
VIII. UNFINISHED / ONGOING BUSINESS
- Topanga Days-Next meeting 5/15
- Sponsorship – $27k so far
- FTF 5/17- Need membership table to sell Topanga Days tickets $15 pre-sale member tickets
- Need to make announcement/newsletter about Horseshoes
- Roll-offs will be in the under ground
XI. NEW BUSINESS
- Widen’s Vacation ideas
- If someone wants to organize out of canyon trips they can, doesn’t really involve TCC
- Tough Topanga asking if they can use us for parking/have TCC work the beer garden (Terri volunteering again)-approved June 22nd
- No Bikes/Skateboarding/etc around House during classes/dinners/events. Direct people to the field for those activities
- Lacrosse net donation
- Approved-will be placed in sports shed
X. GOOD OF THE ORDER this is a time for members not listed on the agenda to make comments or observations
Google-would like to map Community Center and Topanga Days-Approved
8:05pm Kelly moved to adjourn, Terri Second, all approved.
XII. EMERGENCY BOARD MEETING
David Thompson, Deylan Fairlay, John Fairlay, Jerry Simer, Karen Danenbaum, Dayna Miller
Kelly Rockwell, Rick Provisor, Andy Monn, Nonie Shore, Terri Moriarty