Minutes from the 4.25.19 Board Meeting

7-8pm: Community Members are welcome to the first hour of the meeting.

I . CALL TO ORDER 7:07

II. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM March 28, 2019 BOARD MEETING

III.  GUESTS

  • Dayna Miller – renting Senior room
    • Anything pertaining to any part of the property should go through Dayna. No groups can offer space to anyone without consulting with Rental Agent (Dayna)
    • Need to print out business cards for Rental Agent with info for future bookings
    • NUTCRACKER-Checking with Sages to see if room will be available for Nutcracker dress rehearsals/performances
    • Looking into fun open community event for July Skate event replacement

IV. OFFICER REPORTS (Please keep brief)

  • President (Kelly Rockwell)
    • Working through lawsuit
  • VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
    • Free woodchips provided by county
    • Need to widen road from musicians parking to stage
  • VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
    • Bingo is Sunday 4/28
  • VP Membership (Lisa Brown)
    • 493 members
    • Look into new membership level for TYS, low income families
  • Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
    • All accounts in good standing
    • Checking $77,041.29
    • Savings $56,174.90
    • CHIC $43,440.06
  • Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
  • Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)

V. OPEN MEETING AGENDA ITEMS

  1. Membership Table – FTF-Have pre-sale tickets available for purchase
  2. Timeline for TCC Projects-Look into volunteers to spearhead some projects
    • Wood paneling-TBD
    • Sound Proofing-TBD
    • Garden-TBD
    • Gate-TBD
    • Stage-Kelly-motion-Approve $2,500 for upkeep for backstage lighting/sound mounting equipment
  3. Memorial Bench for Olie Gunst-Rick to work with Family on placement
  4. Bingo – Andy and Kelly to come help clean
  5. Topanga Days
    • Trash Pirates vs Daniel-Awaiting quote from Trash Pirates
    • Memorial Day Speaker-Would like a 5 minute speech. Looking into a US veteran to introduce Gunst Family
    • Porta Potty #’s
      • will look at map and finalize needs
    • Cider Tasting booth (reserve volunteers)
      • Setting up flight of 3 tastings for $3
      • need 4 volunteers per day-Nonie to speak to Heather
    • Volunteers to be 3 hour shifts instead of previous 4 hours shift-Everyone Agrees
    • Artist booth –Artists to share booths
  6. Compost Bin-Need to confirm location of bins
  7. Website-Need to decide what to do about finishing

VI. CLOSED ITEMS (8 pm)

  1. Karen Cooke
    • Discussed increased TYS grant
      • MOTION-Raise Karen Cooke’s wage to $30 an hour, Andy second, 5 in favor, 1 obstain

VII. ADJOURN – 9:42pm Andy, Kelly second

Scroll to Top