Minutes from the 1.25.18 Board Meeting

7-8pm: Community Members are welcome to the first hour of the meeting.

I . CALL TO ORDER 7:07

II. READING AND APPROVAL OF MINUTES FROM November 2018 BOARD MEETING

III.  GUESTS

  • Amy – Bookkeeper
    • Transitioned over to non-profit Quickbooks program
    • Need more information from potential banks regarding direct pay, bill pay and deposit limits
    • MOTION – Kelly – Amy and Franka to select a banking recommendation. Rick second, all in favor

IV. OFFICER REPORTS (Please keep brief)

  • President (Kelly Rockwell)
    • Discussed campaign for fundraising Senior classroom
    • need to make goals for 2018
  • VP Facilities (Rick Provisor)
    • Water is off for a few days
    • Break pads to be delivered to Ricks house soon
  • VP Fundraising (Nonie Shore)
    • Square Dance went well
    • Bingo-awaiting hearing date
    • Next square dance April 27th
    • Disco Night February 24th
    • Square Dance April 27th
  • VP Membership (Bonnie Morgan)
    • 452 members
    • Membership drive is over
  • Treasurer (Franka Diehnelt)
    • All accounts in good standing
    • Checking at $101,743.04
    • Savings at $105,401.18
    • Chic at $72,393.37
  • Corresponding Secretary (Terri Moriarty)
  • Recording Secretary (Andy Monn)
    • not present

V. OPEN MEETING AGENDA ITEMS

  1. Nutcracker to load in at 8pm Sunday night after Sages dinner
  2. MOTION-Raise the minimum donation for field rentals to $75, Terri Second, all in favor 2, remains the same 3. Rate to remain the same
  3. Need to encourage more people to attend Farmers Market
  4. Garden Shed-Getting Sun Shed, can host fieldtrips on Fridays to the garden. Will be advertising in the Messenger
  5. Skateboard bus-rental is too expensive, looking into other options
  6. Next Square Dance will be April 27th
  7. Need to talk to TCB Bike shop regarding doing a Bike Rodeo
  8. Soccer sports survey-out of 75 surveyed, 6 said no, 34 yes, 35 not sure
  9. Design plan-Dayna looking into 2 additional wagon wheel lights, and re-painting green doors
  10. 2018 In-house improvements-Finish office, move down to gray?
  11. TECS Track and Field day needs to be moved so not so close to Topanga Days
  12. Chamber-Change agreement to be more equitable with other groups in the canyon

VI. CLOSED ITEMS

  • Topanga Days
    • Still looking into securing headliners
    • Discussed all options based on diversity, online following, etc.
    • 2016 talent budget $36,700, 2017-$42,500
    • Heather unable to be volunteer coordinator, looking into Brooks to head this up
    • Parade/Run-probably not logistically possible, check with Daniel
    • Vendor Insurance-All vendors will be required to have insurance. TCC will not be offering event insurance but can help direct vendors to a provider
    • Invite Topanga artists to share 5 spaces at Topanga Days
    • Poster-Dog is being finalized
    • Fun Zone-Waiting on bids from other places beyond Wow rentals, $7500
    • Boy Scouts/Non-Profits
      • Offer to 501c3s as a thank you for loyalty throughout the years. Will be providing space for Boy Scouts
    • Kiera Provisor – Healthcare for Homeless Animals event. TCC to donate 2 pairs of tickets for any day
    • Clean up-Ask Daniel for quote
    • Soccer – Still looking for parent volunteers, may just offer Tuesday practice, no weekend practice

VII. ADJOURN – 11pm Kelly, Terri second

Scroll to Top